Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 1 Character Design




 I took a 9 week online course at the beginning of this year on Schoolism.com with instructor Stephen Silver. He is a renowned character designer and has worked for Nickelodeon, Disney, and Cartoon Network (notably shows like: Kim Possible and Danny Phantom).
This was a truly amazing course and inspired me so much to really apply myself and go after what I want. The great thing about Schoolism is the process. You watch the instructional videos online, do the assignment within the week, upload it to the site, and the instructor sends back a video in which he critiques your work and draws over the top of it on Photoshop.
The first week's assignment was to create a character based on a given description. We had no instruction on technique up until this point. It was basically a way for the instructor to see where we stood in terms of skill. These are my first attempts...

No comments:

Post a Comment